Monday, September 26, 2011

Suprise, Suprise!

After a lovely trip to Dallas, TX to see my family I came home and just had that feeling. That feeling that something in my body was different. Some call it "mother's intuition" but all I know is I felt a tap on my shoulder from God that said, "Hey Ashley! Take a pregnancy test". -Which I just so happened to have in my bathroom because I took one last month (a just in case precaution). So I took it, waited and looked. Then there it was... a plus sign. My initial reaction was like "hmmm that's weird, maybe a plus means not pregnant?" I could not even begin to accept the fact that I was indeed pregnant. So I went about my day as if nothing was different- I took a nap, went to bible study and went to bed thinking, what a weird day. I didn't even want to bother my husband with the news, being that he had a big test the next day. So in bed that night I told myself I would go to the store the next day and get a digital test that clearly read "pregnant" or "not pregnant" and I would wait for Kyle to get home so we could do it together.


So that is what I did. I went to CVS, bought the most expensive digital pregnancy test I could find, and waited. When Kyle finally got home I found it so hard to break the news. I just blurted out "I have something to tell you" while laughing -you know, that nervous laugh that you do when you don't know what else to do. His eyes widened and looked at me with that "are you kidding" look. I took the second test, and within seconds it clearly read "PREGNANT".


Whoa. I still couldn't even believe it, even though I had had about 24 hours to soak in the news. There is no way to explain that moment. I had never experienced emotions like that -I was shocked, scared, happy, tearful, all in one. I just sat there, at my kitchen table, in awe. As you can tell by the title, the hubs and I were not planning on getting pregnant. Not yet anyway. We had a "list" of things we wanted to accomplish first. Make more money, go on more vacations, do a mission trip together. Having a baby was not on our "list" at the moment.


Don't get me wrong. Kyle and I are happy and we feel very blessed to add an addition to our family. We just weren't expecting it, now... so soon! I don't think it will feel real until my first doctor's appointment, which won't be until I'm 10 weeks along. That puts me at October 30 (a Sunday), so my doctors appointment will be on November 2. Once I can see that there is something growing inside of me and hear the heartbeat, I am sure it will feel much more real. Until then I have been putting all my anxiety and nerves in God's hand. Praying specifically for peace that surpasses all understanding (Philippians 4:7) knowing that all good things come from Him.


So there it is! At this point, no one knows yet. I am technically only 5 weeks along, a very premature stage in pregnancy. Once it starts to feel more "real" I am sure will start spreading the news... that BABY REGAL is on the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment