Monday, June 25, 2012

One Month of Macy

I can't believe how quickly the time has gone -has it already been a month since Macy Jane made her arrival?! It seems like yesterday I was waddling around complaining that I was ready to have my baby. And today I have a one month old!

June 24, 2012
Stats
 (stole this idea from another blog)

Weight: 9 pounds 8 ounces

Height: 21 1/4 inches

Clothing size: Right in between Newborn and 0-3 months. The Newborn clothes are a little on the short end, but she's still swimming in the 0-3 months. 

Diaper size: NB

Feeding: From the time we brought her home from the hospital she has eaten every 3 hours on the dot, day and night. This past week she has been able to go about 3.5, sometimes 4 hours between feedings during the day. 3 nights this week she has gone up to 5 hours between feedings. It hasn't been consistent but encouraging -she is heading in the right direction!

Milestones: She took her first bottle from daddy like a champ and has a really strong neck. She can hold it up and look around- so proud! 

Loves: Being held! She is SUCH a snuggler.

Dislikes: Being set down, which can be hard on mommy during the day! And gas. She has a lot of gas that makes her fussy and makes me sad.

Adventures: Lots! We take her everywhere with us- to friends' houses, shopping, church, etc. And Macy Jane has gotten to meet lots of family already like her Aunt Erin from Raleigh, Pops (Kyle's dad) from San Antonio, Papa, Mama Sandy, Auntie Tay and Uncle Trevor from Dallas, Cousin Tonja and Cameron from Knoxville, and Uncle G and Diane from Pigeon Forge.  
What we couldn't live with out: Her paci, gas relief drops... and her hair bows! (which she is known for) =)


The first week we were home was bliss. Kyle was home with me everyday and Macy was great! She really did just eat and sleep. She sleeps in a bassinet next to our bed and to this day does a great job sleeping in there (at night at least- for some reason she has no desire to nap in there during the day, a work in progress). We came home on a Saturday and by Monday I was itching to get out of the house. Each day we did something, a trip to see a friend, a short trip to Target, if nothing else a long walk around the city. Making little trips each day kept me from feeling like all I was capable of was nursing her and changing diapers.


The next week I was home alone and found it to be intimidating at first! It is hard to establish a routine when you don't really have set plans for the day. The hardest part was taking care of Macy and our dog Kami. (Being that we live downtown, taking the dog out requires putting her on a leash and walking her outside) My stepdad came and took Kami up to South Bend with him for awhile and that has been a huge help. He lives on water with a nice big fenced in yard and 2 dogs for her to play with -she is in doggy heaven!

Family was here consistently for the next 2 weeks and it was a blast. I truly enjoyed the company and having so many extra hands around. My little sister was a rock star with Macy. She changed every diaper, always put her in her car seat, pushed her around in the stroller, etc. It was really sweet. After a constant stream of family though I was looking forward to time with just us 3 again.

As I have posted before I am (trying to) follow the Babywise method. I have learned that it is not easy to set a routine with a newborn, so I am being patient. Macy has the eat, wake, sleep cycle down but during the day the sleep part is not consistent and she prefers to sleep in our arms than any other place. But I am having so much getting to spend so much time with her and getting to know her, like why she cries, how she likes to be held, what makes her smile.

A size comparison from Week 1 to Week 4

It is crazy how much my love for her has grown in such a short period of time. And like any other relationship, it is a love that grows over time, except I know now the love for your child grows at an exponential rate. I feel like my heart may explode sometimes when I look at her. It is fun getting to know her and I can't wait for her to get to know me too. I love my little precious Macy Jane so so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment