Tuesday, February 21, 2012

26 Week Happenings

26 weeks seems like another milestone! According to my updates I get from whattoexpect.com, baby Regal is about 2 pounds and viable outside of the womb (meaning her lungs are developed enough that she could survive if I had her today). This is reassuring, but I am in no way ready for that. I would like her to cook as long as possible! I have been doing a lot better about what I'm eating (OK, that is probably a lie. Not a LOT better, but maybe a little). The scale has reflected that and I have not gained any weight in the last 2 weeks. As I'm sure most pregnant women feel, there are not a lot of times when I feel "hot" anymore. But I have had some opportunities to go out with friends and take some extra time getting ready. There is something to be said about how getting dressed up makes you feel better not only on the outside, but the inside too!



These shots are from weeks 25 and 26:

So, I jokingly told Kyle that it is customary to get the wife a "push gift" once the baby is born. I am not sure where I even heard that before, but I totally agree with it! I told him some ideas of what I would like and not only did he listen, he delivered (no pun intended), Early! The first thing I talked about getting was a Garmin running watch, for a couple reasons. Obviously right now I do not plan on doing a ton of running between now and when the baby comes, but it is one of my favorite pastimes. I have done 2 half marathons before and plan on signing up for the Indianapolis Monumental Half Marathon in November. I figured that would be perfect motivation for me to get back in shape.


Kyle did a ton of research and got me this:
It is perfect for me, I can track my mileage, pace, calories, etc. And right now I am using it to watch my heart rate. My doctor has advised me to keep heart rate below 150 when I am working out during my pregnancy. This has actually been harder to do than I thought. I love blaring music, doing cardio and getting my SWEAT ON. The first time I got on the treadmill I quickly realized that wasn't going to be as easy anymore. I kept pulling back but my heart rate would sky rocket quickly. I assumed this had something to do with all the extra blood needed to supply both me and the baby. Since I have been more consistent with my work outs, I have noticed I can tolerate doing more cardio for longer periods of time with out going over 150bpm. Love my first push gift, and can't wait to actually RUN with it!



My second "push gift" was all Kyle. He was thinking about my needs as I would be up late with the baby feeding, pumping, doing whatever moms do (haven't figured that out yet) and that I would need some entertainment. I already read a lot on my Nook app on my iphone (people think I am crazy for reading on such a small screen) so Kyle got me the Nook tablet! He once again did his research, and liked the Nook over the Kindle. I really didn't have an opinion either way, but now that I have it I love it! I have already read 2 books and really think it is going to be so nice to have during those feeding/pumping times.


Love my new toy, and looking for more books to stock up on!


I really have to say, so far pregnancy has been a very enjoyable experience. No sickness, tiredness, or other crazy things have happened. I feel very blessed! Next Monday is our 3D ultrasound.. I can't wait to see what our little peanut is starting to look like!!

No comments:

Post a Comment