Wednesday, May 9, 2012

37 Weeks... Full Term Baby!

Talk about a milestone... As of Monday, this baby is full term, and can officially make her appearance any day now. Wow!
As the official countdown has begun, Kyle and I have been busy nesting away. We have pretty much finished the nursery (for now at least), cleaned and scrubbed the house, washed her sheets and onesies, and even went "hospital bag shopping". Besides having the car seat loaded and the bag packed and sitting by the front door, we are ready for this baby!


I had my weekly checkup today and it looks like I am making good progress. I am dilated to 1cm and am 50-60% effaced. According to my doctor, that is pretty good for a first time momma at 37 weeks. I'll take it :)

I have definitely had to slow down though, the closer I get to the end. I make myself take breaks during the day, and try to prop my feet up as often as possible. By the end of the day my feet are pretty swollen and I can only wear my wedding ring for a couple of hours at a time. Other than the normal hip pain, restless sleeping, and the swelling.. I actually feel GREAT! I really do! I have been blessed with a pretty easy going pregnancy, that for which I am grateful for!

As Kyle and I thought about what we wanted to put up in the nursery, the idea of a bible verse kept coming up. But what verse? A generic verse? A verse about babies? What we decided was to find a verse that we wanted her to live by, our "charge to Macy". As we were laying in bed one night reading our bibles, searching for the perfect words for her, Kyle said "I think I've found it". After he read it to me I knew it was perfect. And what was even more perfect was the fact that her daddy picked it out. The verse is on the wall above our chair. It says,
"6 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”
 -Deuteronomy 31:6
As parents I know our job will be to keep her healthy and safe, but the most important job we have is to make sure she knows Jesus and has a heart for God.

Other updates in the nursery include a new bookshelf. I looked for weeks for one and ended up settling on this one from Target:
Once we put her gifts and books in it, it looks like this:
We also put up some pretty pink curtians:
One day while cruising around the shops in our neighborhood we came across these picture letters that were taken around the city, and we new we wanted to add a little "Indy flair" to her room.
The shelf was made by my grandfather in the 80s and Kyle just painted it white so it would match everything else. It is fun adding personal touches to her room!
And now every time I walk by...
...I can't help but think that it is my favorite room in the whole house!

2 comments:

  1. Love the verse so much. Love the Target shelf and the Indy letters as well. Great job. Most of all, I love what you said about your main job being to make sure she knows Jesus and has a heart for God. She's a lucky little lady already! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get the cute cubby holder??

    ReplyDelete