Saturday, September 1, 2012

3 Months of Macy and Mama is back to work!

12 weeks came with more than one milestone. For one, I have a 3 month old! Who plays, interacts, sleeps longer at night, the list goes on! And secondly... it meant that it was time to stop pretending I was a stay at home mom and get my booty back to work. More on that in a little bit... Now let's get to Macy's 3 Month Stats

August 24, 2012

Getting bigger and bigger!



3 Month Stats

Weight: 14.2 whopping lbs! (according to our home scale)

Height: Not sure...But I know she has grown! She will get measured next month at her 4 month check up.


Clothing size: 3 months, actually some 3-6 month clothes ;( She is a long baby!

Diaper size: 1

Feeding: Still eating (nursing or bottle) every 3-4 hours during the day, with her last feeding around 10pm. She is able to make it through most of the night with out a feeding. The earliest I will feed her is 5:30ish, but I am still trying to break her of that. The latest she has slept so far is 7:30. It has been a slow process to get this little chica to sleep all night! The good thing is, when she does wake up around 5ish or even 7, I can feed her and lay her right back down to sleep -and then sleeps until 8 or 9. (or 10!) Our goal is to drop that 5am feeding permanently!

Milestones: So many!I don't even know where to begin. She is really starting to communicate and gets so excited when she sees us. When we lay her on her play mat she intentionally grabs at things (whereas last month she just batted at the toys). She does a really good job sitting up with little support. And of course, one milestone is that mommy went back to work!


Loves: Being talked to, laying on her back playing with rings and is the most happy when she wakes up in the morning.

A picture of Macy on our monitor- giggling to herself first thing in the morning

Dislikes: Still hating tummy time. She can tolerate it better on some days over others. But for the most part she pretty much hates being placed on her stomach.
Tolerating tummy time with a little help from a pillow

Adventures: We had two different spend-the-night adventures. Both of which she handled pretty well. The first one was at the beginning of the month- we went to visit Grampy Shmev in South Bend. She got to go on her first boat ride and go swimming. The next one was a trip up to Valparaiso where she got to see mommy and daddy's college friends and have a sleepover with everybody.
Macy lovin her first boat ride with Teresa!

What we couldn't live with out: Still going to have to say her swing. We are trying one nap a day in her crib, but her best naps are still in her swing. We also took it with us on both out of town adventures and couldn't have made it with out it! She also loves rings... The little plastic rings that link together. They are the perfect size for her little tiny hands right now.

Took her rings with her for nap time

I started back to work this past week, and it has gone better than expected. We are so very blessed to have a nanny that comes to our house the 3 days a week while I am at work. So Macy gets one on one time and gets to stay home, sleep in in her bed, and be in her own surroundings every day. I have actually enjoyed my time away -I love being a nurse, and it is good for me to have some "me time". I have the ideal schedule - Monday, Wednesday and Thursdays (12 hour shifts). I have a 3 day weekend every week and a mid-week break as well. It has been great! I have also started my semester at school (going for my Nurse Practitioner) too so I am learning how to balance being a full time working mom AND student! Those naps of hers are more important now than ever!

I am looking forward to the next month -at 4 months she will get to start eating cereal and will be moving around and playing even more. It has been so much fun these past 3 months... I could lay on the floor talking and playing with sweet Macy Jane for hours on end. Being a mom has been so fulfilling and has definitely made me a better person!

No comments:

Post a Comment