Monday, October 8, 2012

The 31 Day Challenge


"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well"
-Matthew 6:33

As a new mommy I have found it hard to balance everything. Balancing being a good wife, a present mommy, working full time, school work, and unfortunately- my time with God has suffered as well. In the past, I have found that consistent time alone with God (lovingly dubbed TAWG) keeps my life on track- spiritually, emotionally, relationally, and physically. Over the course of the past couple years I have been involved in some sort of bible study, discipleship or marriage group that has given me structure and "homework" that keeps me on track. Since having Macy I haven't been involved in a group and I haven't been good about carving time out to spend in devotional. I feel like I have a strong praying life and this summer Kyle and I made a commitment to pray together every single night before bed, which I love. But my actual time alone with God, in his Word, has suffered. When my time is inconsistent I feel like my life reflects it. My convictions become more loose and I become my own God (by trying to control my life and the happenings with in it).

Thankfully, this last week I started back with my original discipleship group and have women(friends) to help me stay accountable in my time in the word. The three of us are all in similar places in life (one of which just had her first baby this summer too) and have known each other for awhile now, allowing for deeper conversations and openness.

This week we kicked off the "31 Day Challenge" where we were given a list of 31 verses and asked to get in the word every single day. Ideally it would be enough time to pray, meditate over the verse, and answer a couple questions. The key would be no distractions, (TV off) and in an environment that would foster talking with God and being able to hear what he is laying on our hearts.

I could not be more excited about this! I am looking forward to my TAWG and to see how He is working in my life. I know that it will make me a better wife, mommy, friend, etc. I recognize that I am unworthy, and that I fail daily -but I've got renewal and a fresh start every single day. For this I'm eternally grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment