Monday, December 3, 2012

6 months of Macy

6 Months! Wow, I know I say it every month- but where does the time go? I feel like I also say this every month, but I think this is one of my favorite ages so far. She is learning so quickly, full of personality, and I feel like I'm finally really in-tune with her needs. Love my precious girl!
Sitting up unsupported like a big girl!
Weight: Macy girl weighs exactly 18lbs. I was shocked to hear she has remained right in the 50th percentile. I was convinced my little chubster would be off the charts.
Happy happy girl
Height: 29inches long. This was off the charts! No wonder we are having trouble squeezing her in to her jammies at night!
She seriously cracks me up.
Clothing size: We just started buying 9 month jammies, but I think we aren't going to buy anymore and go straight to the 12 month size. Otherwise she still fits in her 6 month onesies and wears 6-9 month clothing in everything else.
Diaper size: Still wearing size 2 diapers (which goes up to 18lbs). Size 3s are up next as soon as we finish these size 2s that we have.
Feeding/Sleeping: We have started Macy on fruits and veggies this month- which she loves. We got a Beaba Baby Cook that makes making food SO EASY. It steams and purees the food all in one. All we have to do is peel and chop whatever we throw in it.  Our freezer is overflowing with frozen bananas, apples, carrots and sweet potatoes. As far as her feeding schedule goes- I nurse her every morning when she wakes up around 6:30-7, she eats breakfast (cereal and fruit) around 8:30, a 6oz bottle around noon (my sitter usually feeds her lunch too -she loves to feed this baby), another 6oz bottle around 4, dinner at 7 (cereal and veggies) and then a bottle or nurse right before bed. So 4 bottles/nursing a day plus food. Doc says that's right on track.
Her sleeping has vastly improved too. We have been able to get her down to 2 solid naps a day. She usually wakes up around 7 every morning and goes back down for her morning nap around 9:30-10 and sleeps for 2 hours. Her second nap of the day is usually around 2:30-3 and again, she sleeps for 2 hours. After dinner at 7 we usually give her a bath, give her last bottle and put her down by 7:45-8. By that time she is ready! She could be wide awake but does not complain at all when I lay her down. Sometimes she goes right to sleep, sometimes she plays for a little bit and falls asleep within 15 minutes. She is the easiest baby to put to bed at night ((knock on wood)). Naps are hit and miss. Sometimes I can just go up stairs and lay her down without a whimper, other times she cries so I pat her butt for a bit, and if all else fails I pick her up and rock her for about a minute before I lay her back down.
She is such a good little eater. She literally keeps her mouth open like this the entire time. I can't help but laugh!
Milestones: Besides trying new food, her biggest new trick is sitting up unsupported. But we are always near, because she topples over easily. She also army crawls across the floor and will get up on her hands and knees and rock back and forth really fast. Its super cute. She has also started making new sounds with her mouth. She has always made "Ah" and "Wah" noises but this month she has started making "Bah Bah" noises too. It's pretty much adorable. Like everything else she does.
Loves her bath time!
(not a huge fan of this seat - but it was $40 so I feel like I have to get my money's worth out of it)
Loves: We got her a "Johnny Jump Up" and this kid could spend HOURS in it. It is hilarious to watch her in it. She still loves her activity center and playing with toys. She also loves to grab on to Peyton's fur and pull her down to the ground. Surprisingly, Peyton just lets her maul her.
Bonding with her sister.
Dislikes: I'm going to have to put being tired on this list again. She definitely needs her rest. We've also experienced her first head cold as well as signs of teething this month. Neither of those have been fun.
First Thanksgiving! We let her have a tiny bite of mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie!
Adventures: We took her down to Nashville which was a blast. She is a pretty good littler traveler. And we love the opportunity to make memories with her.
Happy and healthy... we are so blessed!
What we couldn't live with out: This list hasn't changed much this month either. She loves her activity center and jump-up. We love her sound machine and we can't forget her paci!

Dear Sweet Macy Jane-
It was only 6 short months ago that I held you in my arms for the first time. I had no idea how to be a mommy, but you have taught me every step of the way. You are so sweet and light up any room you are in. Everywhere we go we get stopped by strangers commenting on how beautiful you are, and you always smile at their compliments. You love to explore things with your little fingers and put anything you can find in your mouth. You whimper when you are tired but a little cuddle time with mommy and you go right to sleep. You love to eat and aren't picky at all. If you are fussy all we have to do is go run errands and you are a happy girl. You love to look around at people and buildings. I can tell you are going to be a smart little girl. Your doctor told me that you are reaching milestones that 9 month old babies reach and that you are absolutely perfect. I told her that I agreed. My favorite sound in the entire world is your giggle. Sometimes you think you are so funny, and it almost seems like you are trying to get me to laugh at you. You skin is so soft and you are my little chunk-a-munk. I love your little rolls and love to blow raspberries on your tummy. Thank you for being the missing piece to our family's puzzle. You make getting up in the morning exciting each day. I can't wait to get you up out of your crib each day and give you a thousand kisses every morning. I love being a mommy and my heart is truly overflowing with a love I never knew existed.
Happy 6 months baby girl! I can't wait to see what the next 6 months brings!
Love, your mommy



No comments:

Post a Comment