Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Macy Jane {2 years old}

Well this post is quite a bit overdue, but life around here has been cra-zay. Macy turned 2 in the midst of me studying and preparing for the biggest exam of life. Every single spare moment I have had away from being a mommy has been studying for my nurse practitioner national certification exam. As of last week- I have passed! And life can resume a sense of "normalcy" - at least for a few days here and there. We are on the brink of 2 vacations, me starting a new career, and Macy starting "school" {aka: daycare... For whatever reason, calling it school makes me feel better.}

In between studying, I have been home with Macy all summer and we have been living it up. I have not worked a lick at my previous job (nurse) since the winter as I focused on school and being a mom. Then it was studying and being a mom. And I am happy to report that now I get a few weeks to just BE A MOM! Wahoo! We have welcomed this with open arms.... A lot of zoo dates, swimming, splash parks, walks to the parks, you name it. Us Regal girls like to be on the go, and the summer is the perfect time of year for us!


Macy girl at her 2nd birthday party
So Macy Jane officially 2. A big girl. If I had to describe her in one word, i think I would choose "spunky". She is full of life, an extreme extrovert, funny, silly, on the go, constantly exploring her surroundings and learning something new, and very much independent and opinionated. So pretty much she is her mother to a tee. She always wants to know what is going on and if she sees other children around she will always make her way there and initiate play time.
Sweet girl in the dress my grandma made for her.
She always wants to know what is going on and is constantly asking, "Mommy, watchya doin'?" Every time I leave the room its: "Mommy come back!" "Mommy where are you?" "Com'ere Mommy!". All day every day. She always wants to play doll house, or crawl around on the ground and act like kitty cats. She has an extensive imagination that keeps me in awe.

Rough life.
Her most favorite thing by far this summer is the pool. Last year she was still a little weary of it, but oh man this little fish could be in the water all day every day now. Good thing we have some vacays on the horizon that will allow for that!
Princess Macy!
She is a girly-girl through and through. Loves Princess Sophia (From "Sophia the First") and I can't keep her out of my jewelry box for anything. I constantly find my bracelets and rings strung around the house. Every time I get her dressed she looks at me and says "Awwww so cute". She still loves the ipad, but is no where near as addicted as she used to be. She would much rather be on the go. She is finally getting in to watching movies which I love. By far her favorite is Frozen (whose isn't?!?) and most recently we've been watching a lot of "Ariel".
I love this picture. She insisted that Minnie and Daisy wear bows too.
She talks a lot, and in third person, which I find hilarious. Its constantly "Macy's turn" "Macy do it" "That's Macy's". It is very easy to communicate with her and know what she is wanting to tell me. She speaks in 3-5 word sentences now. As much as she loves to be around her friends, she is still not great at sharing. She has definitely mastered "It's miiiiiiiiiine" like a champ. She has had some pretty awesome temper tantrums, throwing herself down on the ground kicking her legs. But to be honest, those are few and far between. She is pretty reasonable about things, especially if you take the time to explain to her why we are doing something, or not letting her do something. She is very smart and her comprehension continues to blow me away.
I mean really? This girl loves her some Target.
I am truly blessed with an easy going, funny, spunky, smart little girl. But, she definitely has her way of keeping us on her toes. I used the BabyWise method with Macy and she was sleeping through the night before I went back to work when she was 12 weeks. She has always loved to go to bed, take naps, and has never once slept in our bed. We've had the same routine since day 1 and she has always thrived. That is, until, she turned 2. For whatever reason the day after her 2nd birthday her sleep has been a hot mess. It has totally thrown us for a loop, as sleeping was never even on our radar as a parenting hurdle. It started with her waking up screaming hysterically anywhere between 5-6am every morning and only taking 30 min naps. Ugh. Right in the midst of me studying and needing my energy. It has now transitioned to her hating her crib/being alone. Which has lead to her sleeping in our bed 3 separate times in the past week. Something I said I would NEVER EVER EVER do! I don't think it is healthy for me personally, but at this point we are in pure survival mode. We have let her cry (for HOURS), got a sleep timer clock, have been on an extremely strict and consistent routine, and most recently we transitioned her to a toddler bed, thinking maybe she is hating being trapped in her crib. We think it may have to do with so many changes in her life/routine at once and luckily I've heard from several other mommas about a "2 year sleep regression". Needless to say, it is a work in progress and has tested my patience but it's something we can deal with. She's happy and healthy and that's all that matters! 

I start my new job July 7, but am happy to share that I will only be working 3 days a week, every M/W/F. It really is like a dream come true. I loved my job as a nurse, but always knew my ultimate goal was to be a nurse practitioner, working with oncology patients. Now I get to do just that, but also spend time at home with my Macy girl. A direct blessing from God as this whole process has required a lot of prayer, patience, and obedience. But here we are! Lovin' life with our sweet TWO YEAR OLD!

The first time she ever fell asleep in our bed, while watching Frozen.

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog! I said the same thing about co-sleeping and unfortunately we are in the midst of getting back to the crib since being on vacation and my husband working late. Congrats on passing your test!!!

    ReplyDelete