Saturday, January 11, 2014

Hello 2014!

2014 is here. Finally here. The year I thought may never come. In 2009 I started applying for school so I could go back and get my master's in nursing for Adult Nurse Practitioner. I started in 2010 and with my plan of study I saw "Graduation: May 2014" and thought... Ughhh that is forever from now. To think that I have finally reached this magic year is exhilarating! 2014 is full of so many things to look forward to: graduating, getting my dream job, several weddings, vacations and more. 

We rounded out 2013 with a trip down to Texas to celebrate Christmas with family. It was such a good trip and it is always so bittersweet leaving.
1. Macy, once again, did well on the plane. The only time she got antsy was when we were already boarded and had to wait before take off. That is when I got in my Mary Poppins bag and pulled out this lollipop- which did the trick!
2. Christmas Eve we spent running errands and yes, we coordinated outfits. Which, if you know us at all, is no surprise.
3. I love this picture of my sweet baby girl, oh and Macy :). My little sis Taylor is one of my best friends and loves her Macy girl just like I loved her at that age. This was before we went out for dinner on Christmas Eve.
4. Macy making cookies with Papa on Christmas Eve. They are pretty smitten with each other.

1. Christmas Eve in our patching PJs.
2. Christmas morning while opening presents. Macy LOVED unwrapping gifts, more so than the gifts themselves. She pretty much unwrapped everyone's gifts Christmas morning.
3. My brother TJ and his fiance Carol came on Christmas so we spent the next few days hanging out and doing some shopping.
4. Per tradition, we had a "grown ups" night out. Always a good time catching up.

1. Last day out with the fam. Taylor usually surveys my suitcase then sees what she can come up with to match. We got our "lumberjack" shirts from our friend Brandi which we loved!
2. My little brother and sister our such gems in my life. I can't believe they are teenagers now. 
3. Macy, my dad, and Taylor on a carousel. Love.
4. Plane ride home, once again no issues. This shape sorter really saved us on the way home.

On Monday my life as a stay-at-home mom ends. After a month off I head back in to the semester full swing. I will be at clinical/class full time and will try to squeeze in some hours at work when I can. It is going to be rough, I can't lie. Honestly, the thought of having to turn my brain back on and go in to school mode is a little intimidating. I still have so much to learn and to experience, but this is it. This is the moment I have waited and worked towards for so long. The light is at the end of the tunnel and I can taste the sweetness of the end! 


No comments:

Post a Comment