Thursday, June 16, 2016

Macy Jane at 4 years

My sweet spunky Macy Jane turned 4 last month and I want to capture this moment in time, because it is so sweet. I really don't want to miss a single detail. Like how she will only sleep in sweet princess gowns, her long lanky legs, or how she blurts out, "Mommy, I love you!"15 times a day. She is pure sugar and gold and if Jack is half as good and sweet she is at 4, we are lucky parents.

She weighs 36.4 lbs (62%) and is 42.76" (95%).

FOUR!

Now having another baby with a totally different personality, I can tell her personality has shined since she was born. She is outgoing, happy, and full of life. Still doesn't know a stranger and when we go anywhere, she will ask, "who will I play with?" and I always respond, "I don't know honey, you will have to find someone." And don't worry, she always does, even if its the nanny to two shy girls at the park down the street she convinced to play an umpteen amount of Hide and Seek games with her the other evening. 

4 year check up

She is super curious and no detail goes unnoticed. I am starting to turn the channel when the news is on because she asks about the news stories which a lot of time include violence or dark things, etc. She very much understands the concept of death (as much as she can at this age) and asks often about my mom. She says she is disappointed that she never got to meet her, and I cry a mixture of happy and sad tears every time. She is observant of her surroundings and asks approximately 4,298 questions per day. Phew. She talks nonstop. Like NONstop and sometimes mommy has her play the "quiet game" where we can see who can go the longest with out saying anything. I said the other day that we needed to play because I was getting a headache and she said, "what's a headache?" Oy. 

After her school dance recital

She loves Jesus and I can only pray this continues to grow over time. She randomly blurts out "Mom, Jesus is the light of the world, the King, and God's son!" But also asks a lot of questions about why he died, how is he alive but also in heaven because that is where people go when they die, and when will she will get to meet him. She went through a period of time every time we passed a cross she would ask, "Is that the cross Jesus died on?" All questions that take me by surprise and are actually pretty tough to answer. She will go to her first vacation bible school next week and she is so excited. We have been listening to the CD of kid's worship music they sent and she is obsessed. I have also caught her singing her own worship songs she makes up on her own with very accurate material ("Jesus you live up high in heaven and I'll meet you when I'm really olllllldddd")

First pedicure for her bday!

She is so smart. Still has a memory of an elephant. She can write her name, mom, dad, and loves to draw. She is recognizing more words by sight as well. She has a lot of room to grow in this area as far as reading and writing go but her foundational reasoning and memory skills are so good that I know when the time comes she will be a pro. 

Little mama

She is a great sleeper but dropped her midday nap. If she does nap, she is up later at night, so I am totally fine with the earlier bedtime. She is becoming more of a picky eater, but loves to eat healthy things. Her favorite are raspberries, almonds, and cottage cheese. 

Playing in our front yard

She listens well and responds to discipline. She, like any other 4 year old, does get in trouble for disobeying but just like when she was 2, you can have a reasonable conversation with her about her actions with out the need for spanking. Every once in awhile she can get overly emotional (Kyle and I say "she's on her period again") but it is few and far in between. Lately she has been recognizing her feelings, saying things like "Mom I am so mad at you right now!" And say she is "sad at me" when I discipline her. 

With her Brother Bear

She has handled our transition to a family of 4 beautifully. She loves her brother so much but isn't smothering and has not once shown a sign of jealousy. He is the perfect piece to our puzzle. I really think the age gap has helped that and she is so loved that it pours over onto her brother. Her and her daddy are the best of friends, and a lot of time she prefers him over me to do things like put her to bed or push her on the swing. They have their own hand shakes, inside jokes, and special songs they sing together. It is a definite blessing since I am so busy with her baby brother. 

Helping daddy accessorize 



I love her confidence when she walks in to the room. Whether its in her own ability to complete a task or to walk up to someone she doesn't know, I really hope it never fades. 

Queen of the castle!

Her favorite toys include Legos- which she is sooo good at! She looks at the instructions and builds them independently. She also loves play doh, "watching games" aka watching other people play with toys on YouTube, playing dress up, hide and seek, and imagination with her dolls/figures, etc. 

I asked her a few questions I saw floating around Facebook and here are her answers:

1. What is your name? Macy Jane Regal
2. How old are you? 4
3. How old is daddy? 16 (29)
4. How old is mommy? 19 (30, I guess she knows I am the older one)
5. What is your favorite color? Pink and purple
6. What is your favorite food? Mac n cheese (I'd add the above listed, plus she can dominate Chick fil A chicken nuggets -with ranch, of course)
7. Who is your best friend? Hanky and Nora and Kate
8. What is your favorite song? Lava song (the short film by Disney, her and her daddy sing it as duet and its the sweetest thing in the entire world)
9. What is your favorite animal? Horses
10. What are you scared of? Tigers (I laughed at this one, random)
11. What makes you happy? Mommy and daddy (aww)
12. Where is your favorite place to go? The museum (The Children's museum)
13. What do you want to be when you grow up? A ballerina (another random answer)
14. What is your mommy's favorite thing to do? Go to work
15. What is your daddy's favorite thing to do? Be silly


No comments:

Post a Comment