Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Counting My Blessings



As we started the overwhelming task of doing an inventory of everything we need for the baby I began to feel some anxiety. Between figuring out what we "need", the stress of taking so much time off from work this summer, getting the house together and the multiple $dollar$ signs I saw flashing before my eyes through out this, I really had to take a step back and put everything in to perspective. After doing so I felt so extremely blessed and a sense of peace washed over me. It's something I don't do often enough, but I wanted to take the time to count (a few) of my blessings...


-I am so thankful for my husband. I truly believe God hand picked Kyle and I specifically to be husband and wife. We are best friends and he is my encourager, supporter, and mate. I feel so blessed to be so HAPPY every day I wake up next to him!


-I am thankful for my job. I knew in high school that I wanted to be a nurse and achieved that goal as soon as I could. I was blessed with an amazing job, experiences and memorable patient relationships. I was admitted in to a super competitive Nurse Practitioner program as soon as I could and have so many more opportunities in the future as a nurse.


-I am thankful for my church. I am surrounded by a strong body of believers who Kyle and I share life on life with. They are our friends and supporters.


-I am thankful for the wisdom my mother gave me. There is not a day that goes by I don't think about my mom. Whether it is a song that I hear on the radio or something that makes me laugh, I still feel the urge to pick up the phone and call her to tell her about my day. She was the most beautiful, strong, smart woman I ever knew. I was so blessed to be her daughter and I can't wait to tell my daughter about how amazing her grandmother was.


-I am thankful for this next step in our lives. As intimidating as bringing a child in to this world is, I feel blessed that God has chosen us to be parents to his baby girl at this time. I can't wait to be fun loving parents!


-Most of all I feel so blessed to have such a strong relationship with Jesus. I love my discipleship groups I have every Monday night and bible study with girlfriends every Wednesday night. I love learning more about my Creator and becoming a better woman of faith. I love the freedom I have in Christ to be me, have fun, and enjoy my life. For this reason I am TRULY BLESSED!


After thinking about these blessings (plus many more) I began to look at preparing for baby a little differently. Although it is easy to do so, I am going to do my best to not get too wrapped up in all of the "stuff" (like having the best stroller, curbs, bottles, etc).


Have you counted your blessings lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment